Terms and conditions
The small print
General Terms and Conditions Webshop Secrid
We are Secrid B.V. and we make and sell pocketwear, like Cardprotectors and Miniwallets. You, the customer, can purchase our products in our webshop (available at www.secrid.com) and in brick-and-mortar shops. When you purchase (one of) our products through www.secrid.com the following terms and conditions apply. We have tried to write our terms and conditions as reader-friendly as possible. They are based on the terms and conditions by the Nederlandse Thuiswinkel Organisatie. If you prefer to read their official version of the terms and conditions, then click here.
If you are a business customer, then we have separate sales channels and terms and conditions for you. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Article 1 – Definitions
This is what we mean when we use these words:
1. Agreement: an agreement in which the customer buys a product or products from Secrid through the Secrid Webshop. The purchased items are delivered by Secrid or by a third party hired by Secrid for this purpose;
2. Period of Consideration: the amount of time a customer has to think a purchase over and, if needed, can invoke their right of withdrawal;
3. Customer: the natural person who is not acting in pursuance of his trade, business, craft or profession;
4. Day: calendar day;
5. Right of Withdrawal: the opportunity for a customer to reconsider a distance agreement within the set period of consideration;
6. You / Your: the customer buying our products;
7. Secrid: the legal entity Secrid B.V.;
8. Distance Agreement: an agreement that was reached between Secrid and the customer online, regarding the sale of products in the Secrid Webshop;
9. Model Withdrawal Form: the form to be used when you want to invoke your right of withdrawal, which is attached to these terms as Attachment 1 and can also be downloaded from our website;
10. We / us / our: Secrid B.V.
Article 2 – How to contact us?
Write to us:
2516 AG The Hague
Email ons: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +31 (0)70 390 2180 (Monday trough Friday from 08:00 - 18:00 CET)
We also have our own Brandstore in Rotterdam, at Meent 2. You are more than welcome to visit us there.
If you need more information about our company, out KvK-number is 27240605 (Dutch Chamber of Commerce).
Our VAT-identification is NL 805323090 B01.
Article 3 – Our offer
1. Our offer consists of the products that are for sale at www.secrid.com for the prices mentioned there and with the conditions attached there.
2. If we make a mistake and post an erroneous price for one of our products, then that is our mistake and on us. Unless the mistake was so obvious that you should have realized, e.g. when it seems too good to be true. In that case we are not obligated to fulfil the agreement.
Article 4 – The agreement
1. The moment you accept our offer, including our terms and conditions, the agreement will be formed (subject to the provisions set forth in 4.4).
2. We will send you an e-mail as soon as possible to confirm the agreement was successfully formed. As long as we have not confirmed the agreement, you can still cancel the agreement.
3. We strive to provide a safe shopping environment for you. This means we take the appropriate measures to ensure that your personal and payment information are safely stored.
4. Secrid (within legal limits) can check whether you will be able to fulfil your payment obligations, and whether there are factors we should know about before we enter into an agreement with you. If, based on such an examination, we find good reason to not enter into an agreement with you, we are within our rights to refuse or cancel the requested agreement, or to attach additional conditions to the requested agreement.
Article 5 – Right of Withdrawal
1. When you buy a product through our webshop you are able to return the purchased item within 60 (sixty) days. You don’t have to explain or state your reasons.
2. The time stated in 5.1 starts on the day you, or a designated person previously appointed by you, received the purchased item. If you ordered multiple items, then we start the 60-day period on the day that you, or a designated person previously appointed by you, have/has received all the products.
Article 6 – What can we expect from you during the Period of Consideration?
During the Period of Consideration of 60 (sixty) days, you will handle the purchased item and packaging carefully. You may unpack and inspect the item like you would be allowed to in a store. If the item is damaged due to careless use, we may decide to not fully reimburse the purchase amount.
Article 7 – Exercising your Right of Withdrawal
1. If you decide to return the item, please let us know either by telephone or e-mail, or form (return form) at www.secrid.com.
2. As soon as possible, not later than 14 (fourteen) days after informing us of your decision to return the item and cancel the agreement, you use the return form from our website to send us the item or you hand over the item to (an authorized representative of) Secrid. The return form can be found in the FAQ at returns & exchanges.
3. You return the purchased item, including all the accessories originally included, preferably in original condition and in the original packaging, following our instructions. The cost of shipping will be paid by us.
4. It is up to you to prove that you returned the product on time and in good condition.
5. The purchase amount will be reimbursed to you, including any shipping costs we may have charged for shipping the returned item to you. We will reimburse you the money within 14 (fourteen) days of you notifying us that you are exercising your right of withdrawal.
6. Secrid will use the same payment method for reimbursement as the payment method used for purchasing the item, unless a different payment method is agreed upon.
7. If you opt for a more expensive shipping method than the cheapest standard shipping, we will not have to reimburse the additional costs for the more expensive method.
Article 8 – Exclusion from Right of Withdrawal
If we have personalised a product at your request, for example by engraving or use of a piece of leather not currently in our collection, we will not be able to accept returns, because reasonably we will not be able to sell that product to another customer. We hope you understand.
Article 9 – The price
The prices on our website are including VAT. If we change our prices, this will not affect the agreed upon price in an already established agreement. Unless the price increase is the result of an increase of VAT.
Article 10 – Delivery and Execution
1. We do our very best when fulfilling product orders.
2. The delivery address is the address you provided when agreeing upon the agreement.
3. When you purchase a product from us, we will deliver the product as soon as possible, within 30 (thirty) days.
4. If a delay occurs during shipping or if we are not able to fulfil part of your order, then we, or the shipping company, will inform you as soon as possible. In that case, you will be able to cancel the agreement free of charge, after which the purchase amount will be reimbursed.
5. Risks related to damage and/or loss of products are ours, until the shipment is delivered to you, or to a designated person appointed by you.
Article 11 – Payment
1. Orders can be paid in advance by using iDeal or a credit card. You can also pay afterwards by bank transfer within 14 (fourteen) days of receiving your invoice.
2. If you do not pay on time, we will send you a reminder. If you subsequently fail to pay on time, we may charge statutory interest on the amount due. We may also charge any extrajudicial collection fees incurred by us. These collection costs amount to a maximum of 15% on outstanding amounts up to € 2,500; 10% on the next € 2,500 and 5% on the next € 5,000 with a minimum of € 40.
Article 12 – Problems and Warranty
1. All products made and sold by Secrid have a standard warranty period of 2 (two) years. When you register your product at register.secrid.com you will receive an extra 1 (one) year of warranty for a total of 3 (three) years.
2. All Secrid products are made with the utmost care and checked thoroughly before they are packaged and shipped from The Netherlands. Nevertheless, it may happen that the product does not function properly. Fortunately, you can often easily solve this yourself. Go to secrid.com/service for tips on how to do this yourself. If you can't figure it out for yourself, we are ready to help you with an appropriate solution.
Article 13 – Disputes
Dutch law applies to agreements we conclude with you.Download the Terms and Conditions