What personal data do we collect and when?
When you buy a Secrid product form us, when you register your cardprotector or indicate that you would like to receive messages from us, we ask you to share certain personal data.
This personal data could be:
- Your contact information, including name, e-mail, telephone number and physical address;
- Personal characteristics such as gender and date of birth;
- Your payment details;
- Your credit card data which we receive from our payment service providers in anonymised form;
- Your personal preferences such as marketing and cookie choices.
Personal data can also be collected when you use www.secrid.com and this data can be passed on to us by the technology platforms that provide you with the service. It is, for instance, possible that your internet browser or mobile devices share certain data with us because these devices interact with www.secrid.com. You can find more information about this below in the section about cookies. This data comprises:
- Device IDs, location information, browser, network provider, operating system, screen resolution and the support of web technologies in your browser such as flash and java;
- Cookies, IP addresses, data that identifies your internet browsers and their version, and web beacons and tags;
- If you visit www.secrid.com on your smartphone, we also receive data about the brand and model of your smartphone, input method (for example touchscreen) and active operating system.
Your own control
Why and how we use (process) your personal data
We use the personal data we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To supply your chosen products and services: when you use our webshop at www.secrid.com, we use your data to supply your selected product and to provide you with an extra guarantee;
- For Secrid’s business operations: we can use the data you have shared if it is necessary for our own operations. For instance, if you make a purchase, we can use the information for our book-keeping;
- To protect the rights, property or security of Secrid or others: we can also use the data relating to how you use the website to prevent and identify fraud, misuse, illegal use and violations of our conditions of use and to comply with court orders, requests from governmental authorities and applicable legislation;
- For general research and analytical purposes: we process data about how our visitors use our website in order to better understand the behaviour and preferences of our customers. For instance, we collect geographical data because we want to know where in the world Secrid is popular. Technical information is useful for us because we continually want to improve our website, for example by ensuring that the website works on every possible device;
- For other purposes: we can use your personal data in other ways as well and will provide you in this situation with specific information and, if required, request your permission.
We always process your personal data on the basis of legal principles. The legal principles on which we base our processing are:
- The processing is necessary for the representation of our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests include being able to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes;
- The processing is necessary for executing an agreement to which you are a party;
- You have given permission for the processing of your personal data.
Sharing your personal data
Secrid prefers not to share your personal data with third parties. If this does happen, however, it is for a specific reason. It then concerns:
- Third-party service providers who process personal data on behalf of Secrid, for instance for the processing of credit card and payment data.
- Other third parties where this is necessary to: (i) fulfil requests from governmental authorities and court orders or to comply with applicable legislation; (ii) prevent illegal use of our website, (iii) defend ourselves from third-party claims; and (iv) assist with fraud prevention or investigations into fraud (e.g. imitation).
The personal data we collect or process in the context of our website is stored in the Netherlands. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we will take measures to comply with the applicable legal requirements. When transferring personal data to receivers in countries outside the EEA or Switzerland, we work exclusively with companies who make use of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Protection and management of your personal data
- Encryption & Security: We do our best to process and store your data securely. To do that, we utilise various technical and organisational security measures, including encryption and authentication methods. Your personal data is processed and stored in systems behind secured networks and is only accessible to a limited number of people with special access rights to these systems.
- Storage of your data: We do not retain your personal data any longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect this data, unless the law requires otherwise.
- Your rights concerning your personal data: You have the right to access your data, to data portability and to restriction, amendment or deletion of the data if the data held by us is incorrect or unlawful. You also have the right to make an objection to the processing of your data; in particular you have the right to make an objection to the processing of your data for the purpose of marketing aimed directly at you. In situations where we have received your specific permission to process your personal data, you can withdraw your permission. You can reach us about the above-mentioned situations by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Lastly, if you consider that you have valid reasons, you can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority concerning the relevant processing of personal data by us.
When you use our website, Secrid receives information from your browser and stores this information. We use different methods, such as cookies, to collect this information, and these can contain the following data: (i) IP address; (ii) unique cookie code, cookie information and information about whether your device is equipped with software that provides access to certain functions; (iii) unique ID, type of device and screen resolution; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) information about your interaction with our site, such as click behaviour, purchases and selected preferences, (viii) access times and referring URLs.
In general, we use two categories of cookies on our website:
- Functional: These cookies are necessary for the basic functionality of www.secrid.com and are therefore always enabled. This category includes cookies that ensure that the shopping bag and the check-out process are possible and they assist with security issues and compliance with regulations;
You can choose not to be followed by Google Analytics. Read more about this option here.
Questions and feedback